Incident Notification

VWA's emphasis is on preventing incidents. VWA has an important role in assessing incidents that have occurred and enforcing relevant legislation.

Employers, occupiers and people who are in control of workplaces and high risk equipment are required by law to notify VWA about incidents involving workplace health and safety, dangerous goods as well as explosives. WorkSafe must be notified immediately by calling 132 360 and then in writing within 48 hours using one of the following forms:

This guide will help you to understand what incidents to report and how to report them.

Your health and safety guide to

Incident Notification

Reporting an incident Your Legal Duties How To Comply
Reporting an incident
Your Legal Duties
Health and Safety Incidents
Dangerous Goods Incidents
Explosives Incidents
Compliance and Enforcement
How To Comply